Linh, Nguyen Khanh
Linh has over 10 experience years in consulting trademark and copyright protection and litigation. Before joining in Bross & Partners as Manager of Trademark Division, Linh had worked for some prestigious local law firms in Vietnam. Due to working and studying there for long time, she has built the foundation of knowledge of Intellectual Property and become a Trademark Attorney. Linh has gained great success and has been highly appreciated by clients for her advice on the matters of trademark, copyright, industrial design, licensing and franchising of various cases.
At present, she has had consulting experience in the field of IP, especially in IP enforcement cases or IP disputes. She give legal opinions on variety of complicated disputes concerning famous brand names and trademarks owned by local or oversea companies and groups. Ms. Linh’s works are including but not limited as follows:
- Advising in comprehension on protection for Intellectual property subjects, such as trademark, trade name, Industrial design, geographical indication, domain name…Particular works are advising on serial trademarks, obtaining trademarks or brand names from unauthorized and illegal use of the third parties and on validity cancellation…;
- Preparing and submitting petitions, appeals, counterstatements in respect of trademark, industrial design.. to protect right and benefit of clients.
- Preparing andanalyzing and reviewing the contract of assignment, licensing and technology transfer;
- In the scope of works, she has the ideal position to fully understand its working method and expectations so as to assist clients in dealing and negotiating most effectively.
- Member of Hanoi Bar Association (Vietnam)
- Member of Vietnam Intellectual Property Association (VIPA)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
1996- 2000: Hanoi University of Law - LLB
1994- 1998: University of Science, Society and Humanity - Journalism Faculty
LIST OF KEY DEALS
Hundreds of cases are solved and get involved by her concerningestablishment of IP rights, settling disputes and handling oppositions in respect of trademarks, industrial designs, copyrightsof domestic and international companies such as:
- Advising on and assisting clients in negotiation of Technology transfer agreement for Heineken and Tiger in Vietnam;
- Negotiation and preparation licensing agreements of various trademarks of Vietnam Airlines, Petro Vietnam, BIDV, Vincom…;
- Dealing with appeals concerning the acquisition of trademarks and industrial designs of YAMATO Foods, Vifon, NetPro, Masan, Saigon Vewong, Minh Phu, Hapro, Vinacafe, Crown Plaza, Vinamilk, VNPT… including: appealing against decisions on the refusal of granting protection for trademark and industrial design; filing oppositionsagainst registration of trademark and industrial design; requesting competent authority to handle infringement of third parties against rights and benefits of clients; cancellation of registration for trademarks and industrial designs…;
- Filing international applications for trademarks of the leading Vietnamese Enterprises such as Artexport, Vietnam Airlines, Petrolimex, Vinatea, VIBank… under The Madrid Agreement and filling applications for trademarks in ASEAN countries and some others countries;
- Advising and responding Refusals of Trademark Offices relating to International registration of Minh Phu, Delloit, Trung Nguyen, VNPT… ;
- Advising on trademark disputes of Hapro, Vinacafe;
- Taking part in litigation proceedingas a lawyer relating to the Industrial Design case of NT Furniture to protected interests thereof.